Yen is a Principal and Country Manager of our Vietnam business.
Yen has experience in practicing intellectual property law for over 13 years. Her specialty in contentious and non-contentious IP matters has a focus on protection, commercialisation and the enforcement of trade marks, patents, copyright and domain names. Her expertise in IP stretches across multiple regions including Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.
Yen advises leading multinational companies on optimising their IP portfolios in Vietnam and has extensive experience in enforcing their rights in trade mark appeals/oppositions, trade mark litigation, patent disputes as well as domain name disputes at WIPO Arbitration Centre.
She also handles dealing with media and entertainment law, licensing and franchising, trade secrets, and employment law in relation to intellectual property.
Yen has notable publications in AsiaLaw & Practice, World Trademark Review and Vietnam Investment Review. She has also co-authored the book "International Copyright Law" published by Globe Law and Business.
- University of Melbourne, Master of Laws (LLM), Commercial Law
- Hanoi University of Law, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Commercial Law
- Member of Copyright Committee, Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- Member of Trademark Offices Practice Committee, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2020: “Notable Practitioners”
- WTR 1000, 2020: Tier 1 for Enforcement and Litigation
- WTR 1000, 2020: Tier 1 for Prosecution and Strategy
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2019: “Notable Practitioners”
- IAM Patent, 2019: “Recommended Individual”
- MIP, IP Stars, 2018: “Trade Mark Star”