Paul is a Senior Legal Consultant in our Dubai office and is a Registered South African Patent Attorney.
After completing his science and law degrees, Paul completed his articles of clerkship in a commercial and general law firm in Johannesburg, South Africa. He practiced as an attorney for two years at a boutique patent practice in Johannesburg where he gained experience handling a wide range of intellectual property matters including trade marks. In 2008, Paul moved to Cape Town, South Africa to join the largest intellectual property law firm in South Africa, where he gained extensive experience in patent practice.
Paul has practiced law for over fifteen years and has over thirteen years’ experience in all aspects of patent portfolio management, including drafting patent specifications for new inventions across diverse fields of invention, with a focus on mechanical and medical related fields. He has been involved in several patent litigation matters which were successfully pursued to completion, including several patent infringement and patent revocation matters.
B.Sc (Life Science) University of Witwatersrand
B.Proc (law degree) University of South Africa
- Legal Consultant Registered and licensed by the Dubai Legal Affairs Department of the Dubai Rulers’ Court
- Enrolled as a South African Attorney
- Registered at the South African Patent Office as a Patent Attorney
- Fellow of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member of the Law Society of the Cape of Good Hope
- Member of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces
- IAM Patent 1000 2019: Listed
Cycling, jogging, fitness and spending time with family