Linda is a Principal and the General Manager of our China business.
Linda has been overseeing Rouse’s operations in China since 2010. Qualified under the PRC law system, she is a legal IP expert and strategist with expertise in solving complex trade mark disputes concerning bad faith. She navigates her clients through interwoven IP complexities and assists them with avoiding ’nightmare' scenarios which often make the headline news.
Amongst her many successful cases, Linda was able to save one of her clients from paying nearly US$14 million worth of buy back fees and US$600,000 worth of licensing fees.
With her rich experience, Linda is considered as a trusted expert in advising on issues related to IP strategies and commercialisation in China.
Linda has been a panelist of WIPO’s UDRP since 2006. She is also an effective, fair and natural negotiator.
BA (English Language and Literature), Henan University, China
Law graduate certificate, East China University of Political Science & Law, 2002
Trade Mark Attorney, China, qualified since 1995
Admitted to PRC bar
- General Management, Cambridge University, 2009
- Listed in Managing Intellectual Property's Top 250 Women in IP 2017
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2016: Named as an IP star for trade marks
Listed in Managing Intellectual Property's Top 250 Women in IP 2016
- WTR 1000, 2013-2017: Ranked Gold
- WIPR Leader 2016-2018 for trade marks in China
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2016: Listed as a 'Notable practitioner'
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2015: Named as 'IP star'
- Chambers Global, 2015: Listed as 'Notable practitioner'
Who's Who Legal Trademarks 2015: Ranked in China
Legal 500 Asia Pacific Rankings 2015: Listed as a 'Leading individual'
- WTR 1000, 2015: Ranked Gold
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2014: Listed as a 'Notable practitioner'
- Managing Intellectual Property 2014-2016, 2018: Named as an 'IP' star
WTR 1000, 2014: Listed as a 'Foreign individual'
- Who's Who Legal, 2014: “stellar reputation” due to her “distinguished” work
China Trademark Association (CTA)
International Trademark Association (INTA)
Sports, spending time with friends