Linda is a Principal and the General Manager of our China business.
Linda has been overseeing Rouse’s operations in China since 2010. Qualified under the PRC law system, she is a legal IP expert and strategist with expertise in solving complex trade mark disputes concerning bad faith. She navigates her clients through interwoven IP complexities and assists them with avoiding ’nightmare' scenarios which often make the headline news.
Amongst her many successful cases, Linda was able to save one of her clients from paying nearly US$14 million worth of buy back fees and US$600,000 worth of licensing fees.
With her rich experience, Linda is considered as a trusted expert in advising on issues related to IP strategies and commercialisation in China.
Linda has been a panelist of WIPO’s UDRP since 2006. She is also an effective, fair and natural negotiator.
BA (English Language and Literature), Henan University, China
Law graduate certificate, East China University of Political Science & Law, 2002
Trade Mark Attorney, China, qualified since 1995
Admitted to PRC bar
- General Management, Cambridge University, 2009
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2013 - 2016, 2019 - 2020: Listed as a ‘Notable Practitioner’
- Who's Who Legal Trademarks, 2020: Recommended/Leading Practitioner
- The Legal 500, 2020: Listed as a China - Intellectual Property: International Firm Leading Individual
- Intellectual Property Law (International Firms), 2020: Best Lawyers
- WTR 1000 2018 - 2020: China and SARS - Silver Tier
- The Legal 500, 2016 - 2017, 2019: Listed as Leading Individual for Foreign Firms in Intellectual Property in China
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2014 - 2016, 2018: Named as an IP Star
- World IP Review, 2016 - 2018: WIPR Leaders
- WTR 1000 2013 - 2017: Leading Global Trade Mark Practitioners
- Managing Intellectual Property 2016: Top 250 Women in IP list for 2016
- Who’s Who Legal, 2014 - 2016: The International Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers
- Asialaw, 2013: Leading Lawyer for IP in China
- Euromoney 2012: Winner of Asia Women in Business Law 2012 (Linda Chang) for Patent and Trade mark Prosecution category
China Trademark Association (CTA)
International Trademark Association (INTA)
Sports, spending time with friends