Linda runs Rouse’s China business since 2010.
Qualified under the PRC law system, Linda is an legal IP expert and strategist, with particular expertise in solving complex trade mark disputes concerning bad faith registration and bad faith use. Her advice navigates her clients through interwoven complexities and helps them avoid 'nightmare' scenarios which are often newspaper headlines. One of such wins saved her clients USD 14 million ‘buy back’ fee, and another USD 600K license fee per annum. Just to name a few amongst many.
In recent years, she has been actively advising large Chinese companies on intellectual assets management.
Linda has been a WIPO’s UDRP panelist since 2006. She is also an effective, fair and natural negotiator.
BA (English Language and Literature), Henan University, China
Law graduate certificate, East China University of Political Science & Law, 2002
Trade Mark Attorney, China, qualified since 1995
Admitted to PRC bar
- Listed in Managing Intellectual Property's Top 250 Women in IP 2017
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2016: Named as an IP star for trade marks
Listed in Managing Intellectual Property's Top 250 Women in IP 2016
- WTR 1000, 2013-2017: Ranked Gold
- WIPR Leader 2016-2018 for trade marks in China
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2016: Listed as a 'Notable practitioner'
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2015: Named as 'IP star'
- Chambers Global, 2015: Listed as 'Notable practitioner'
Who's Who Legal Trademarks 2015: Ranked in China
Legal 500 Asia Pacific Rankings 2015: Listed as a 'Leading individual'
- WTR 1000, 2015: Ranked Gold
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2014: Listed as a 'Notable practitioner'
- Managing Intellectual Property 2014-2016, 2018: Named as an 'IP' star
WTR 1000, 2014: Listed as a 'Foreign individual'
- Who's Who Legal, 2014: “stellar reputation” due to her “distinguished” work
China Trademark Association (CTA)
International Trademark Association (INTA)
Sports, spending time with friends