Chris is a Director of Rouse, Principal and Managing Partner of Rouse Legal Vietnam, a member of the Rouse Network.
Chris joined our London office in January 1998 and became a Partner of Rouse Legal, the UK legal arm of Rouse, in January 2003. From 2001, he worked in Indonesia, Vietnam, Beijing and Thailand before settling in Hong Kong. He is currently a Director and Managing Partner of Rouse Legal Vietnam. Chris set-up the office in Cambodia and supports the team there while it gets established.
Chris advises on IP strategy in various industries including technology, FMCG, automotive, pharmaceutical, sports, clothing and footwear, tobacco, etc. Advice consists of standalone IP consultancy projects, protection of rights and review of portfolios, review and implementation of enforcement strategy, commercialisation/licensing, review of IP asset values.
He also advises a number of businesses generally on their commercial strategy, which includes set up, structures, drafting and negotiating agreements, mediation and dispute resolution.
Chris created and edits the blog IP Mekong (www.ipmekong.com) which focuses on the development of IP in this region, in particular in Vietnam and Cambodia.
BA (Hons), (English Literature), Leeds University, United Kingdom
Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales, United Kingdom
Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars 2016 - 2019: IP Star for trade marks
- Who’s Who Legal Trademarks 2018: Recognised as the leading trademark lawyer
- WTR 1000, 2018: Listed as a Leading individual in Vietnam and Hong Kong
- Who’s Who Legal Trademarks 2017: Recognised the world’s experts in IP
- WTR 1000, 2016: Ranked Gold for Enforcement and Litigation
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2016: Listed as a Notable practitioner and as an Expert Based Abroad
Sport, travel and reading