Chris is a Partner of Rouse Legal Hong Kong and is the Country Manager of our businesses in Vietnam and Hong Kong.
Chris joined our London office in January 1998 and became a Partner of Rouse Legal, the UK legal arm of Rouse, in January 2003. From 2001, he worked in Indonesia, Vietnam, Beijing and Thailand before settling in Hong Kong. He currently works for Rouse Legal Hong Kong, and also manages our Vietnam offices (Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi).
Chris has extensive contentious and non-contentious intellectual property (IP) experience. He acted for the successful defendant in the well-known reported case: Premier Brands v Typhoon Europe (the Ty-phoo/Typhoon case). He advises on global IP strategy and brand management for a number of leading brand owners in a variety of sectors, including food and drinks, sport, motor industry, pharmaceutical, clothing, tobacco and others. He has also lectured in Asia and Europe, and written extensively on IP issues.
BA (Hons), (English Literature), Leeds University, United Kingdom
Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales, United Kingdom
Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Managing Intellectual Property 2016: Named as an IP star for trade marks
- WTR 1000, 2016: Ranked Gold for Enforcement and Litigation
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2016: Listed as a Notable practitioner and as an Expert Based Abroad
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2015: Listed as an IP star
- Chambers Global, 2015: Listed as a Notable practitioner
Who's Who Legal Trademarks 2015: Ranked in Hong Kong
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific Rankings 2015: Listed as a Recommended Individual in both Hong Kong and Vietnam.
WTR 1000, 2015: Ranked Gold
WTR 1000, 2014: Ranked Silver
WTR 1000, 2014: Listed as a Leading individual in Hong Kong and Vietnam
Managing Intellectual Property 2014: Named as an IP star
Sport, travel and reading