Chad is a Principal and Head of Global Media, Advertising and Digital practice in our Hong Kong office and has experience in a wide range of IP work.
Chad is a specialist in media and digital law with expertise in supporting clients to achieve their communication aims in emerging markets. He heads our global Media, Advertising and Digital practice from Hong Kong and Dubai.
Chad has practiced in the marketing law arena both in house and as a trusted external counsel. Chad regularly advises clients on strict legal issues, including regulatory compliance, promotion registration, and terms and conditions. He also advises on more practical issues, including contest mechanic development, brand awareness on social media, and cultural sensitivity in advertising.
Chad has been a trusted asset to promoters and marketers who wish to create unitary pan-MENA events and contests which still comply with all country-specific laws. Chad is also able to assess risk when helping clients create a promotion strategy across many countries. As head of Rouse’s global practice, Chad works with teams in each of our offices to deliver commercial and practical advice and analysis to clients in-market and approaching from other jurisdictions.
When contributing to advertisement development, Chad is strongly-attuned to spotting easily missable issues in the details, which could otherwise have significant consequences. For social media, Chad understands the power and reach digital platforms have to connect consumers directly with brand-owners. He takes these important nuances into account when counselling online behaviour, all while placing great value on quick turn-around time when advising on fast-paced social marketing campaigns.
BA (Ancient History), Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
LLB, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, Sydney, Australia
Enrolled as a Solicitor by the Law Society in New South Wales, Australia
Licensed as a Legal Consultant by the Rulers Court of Dubai
- Chambers 2019: Expertise based abroad
- Managing Intellectual Property 2019: Listed as IP Star for trade marks
- Managing Intellectual Property 2018: Listed as IP Star for trade marks
- Managing Intellectual Property 2017: Listed as IP Star for trade marks
- WTR 1000, 2017: Ranked Silver
- Legal 500 EMEA, 2017: Listed as Recommended Lawyer
- Managing Intellectual Property 2016: Listed as an IP star for trade marks
- WTR 1000, 2016: Ranked Silver
- Client Choice Award 2016: Exclusive winner of Intellectual Property-Trademarks category for UAE
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2016: Listed as a Recommended Lawyer
- Chambers Global 2016: Listed as Band 3
- Who's Who Legal Trademarks 2015: Ranked in the UAE - maintains a "stellar reputation" for his work on brand protection programmes for multinational clients in the Middle East and North Africa
- Legal 500 EMEA, 2015: Listed as a Recommended Lawyer
- WTR 1000, 2015: Ranked Silver
- Who's Who Legal, 2014: “tremendous understanding” of the Middle East and North Africa region and clients value his “business nous and sound legal knowledge”.
- Chambers Global, 2013: Listed as a 'Leader in their field'
- International Trade Mark Association and Sub-committee Vice Chair
Cars, food and drink and travelling to places that involve any of the previous three
- Rouse in Profile: Chad Dowle