Bassel is a Principal and Country Manager of our UAE business.
Bassel joined us in 2006 and heads our Dubai Dispute Resolution Team. Bassel was made an Executive in 2016 and Country Manager in April 2018. He works on a range of IP matters in our Dubai office, with a particular focus on enforcement and complex IP litigation in the Middle East and North Africa.
Bassel manages the IP portfolios for a number of multinational entities across the Middle East and North Africa as well as regional entities worldwide. Bassel also advises on potential legal and cultural risks associated with Arabic language marketing and advertising across the MENA region.
BA, La Sagesse University School of Law, Lebanon
LLM Commercial Law, University of Glasgow, UK
Admitted by the Lebanese Bar
Licensed as a Legal Consultant by the Rulers Court of Dubai
- Legal 500 EMEA, 2020: Listed as Next Generation Partners
- Chambers Global, 2020: Listed as Band 3
- WTR 1000, 2020: Ranked Gold
- Chambers Global, 2019: Listed as Up and Coming
- WTR 1000, 2015 - 2019: Ranked Silver
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2017-2019: Listed as an IP Star for Trade Marks
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2017- 2019: Listed as an IP Star for Patents
- Legal 500 EMEA, 2017- 2019: Listed as Next Generation Lawyer and Recommended Lawyer
Poetry and squash
- Rouse in Profile: Bassel El Turk