Chad is a specialist in Marketing and Digital law and heads our practice for the MENA region.
Chad has practiced in the marketing law arena both in house and as a trusted external counsel. Chad regularly advises clients on strict legal issues, including regulatory compliance, promotion registration, and terms and conditions. He also advises on more practical issues, including contest mechanic development, brand awareness on social media, and cultural sensitivity in advertising.
Chad is a trusted asset to promoters and marketers who wish to create unitary pan-MENA events and contests which still comply with all country-specific laws. Chad is also able to assess risk when helping clients create a registration strategy across many countries.
When contributing to advertisement development, Chad is strongly-attuned to spotting easily missable issues in the details, which could otherwise have significant consequences. For social media, Chad understands the power and reach platforms such as Facebook and Twitter have to connect consumers directly with brand-owners. He takes these important nuances into account when counselling online behaviour, all while placing great value on quick turn-around time when advising on fast-paced social marketing campaigns.
- WTR 1000, 2016: Ranked Silver
- Who's Who Legal Trademarks 2015: Ranked in the UAE - maintains a "stellar reputation" for his work on brand protection programmes for multinational clients in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Legal 500 EMEA, 2015: Listed as a Recommended Lawyer
- WTR 1000, 2015: Ranked Silver
- Who's Who Legal, 2014: “tremendous understanding” of the Middle East and North Africa region and clients value his “business nous and sound legal knowledge”.
- Chambers Global, 2013: Listed as a 'Leader in their field'
BA (Ancient History), Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
LLB, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, Sydney, Australia
Enrolled as a Solicitor by the Law Society in New South Wales, Australia
Licensed as a Legal Consultant by the Rulers Court of Dubai
Australian Business Council Dubai
International Trade Mark Assocation
Cars, food and drink and travelling to places that involve any of the previous three