Chad is an Executive & Head of Global Media, Advertising and Digital practice in our Hong Kong office and has experience in a wide range of IP work.
Chad has practiced in the marketing law arena both in house and as a trusted external counsel. Chad regularly advises clients on strict legal issues, including regulatory compliance, promotion registration, and terms and conditions. He also advises on more practical issues, including contest mechanic development, brand awareness on social media, and cultural sensitivity in advertising.
Chad is a trusted asset to promoters and marketers who wish to create unitary pan-MENA events and contests which still comply with all country-specific laws. Chad is also able to assess risk when helping clients create a registration strategy across many countries.
When contributing to advertisement development, Chad is strongly-attuned to spotting easily missable issues in the details, which could otherwise have significant consequences. For social media, Chad understands the power and reach platforms such as Facebook and Twitter have to connect consumers directly with brand-owners. He takes these important nuances into account when counselling online behaviour, all while placing great value on quick turn-around time when advising on fast-paced social marketing campaigns.
- Managing Intellectual Property 2017: Listed as IP Star for trade marks
- WTR 1000, 2017: Ranked Silver
- Legal 500 EMEA, 2017: Listed as Recommended Lawyer
- Managing Intellectual Property 2016: Listed as an IP star for trade marks
- WTR 1000, 2016: Ranked Silver
- Client Choice Award 2016: Exclusive winner of Intellectual Property-Trademarks category for UAE
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2016: Listed as a Recommended Lawyer
- Chambers Global 2016: Listed as Band 3
- Who's Who Legal Trademarks 2015: Ranked in the UAE - maintains a "stellar reputation" for his work on brand protection programmes for multinational clients in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Legal 500 EMEA, 2015: Listed as a Recommended Lawyer
- WTR 1000, 2015: Ranked Silver
- Who's Who Legal, 2014: “tremendous understanding” of the Middle East and North Africa region and clients value his “business nous and sound legal knowledge”.
- Chambers Global, 2013: Listed as a 'Leader in their field'
BA (Ancient History), Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
LLB, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, Sydney, Australia
Enrolled as a Solicitor by the Law Society in New South Wales, Australia
Licensed as a Legal Consultant by the Rulers Court of Dubai
International Trade Mark Association
Cars, food and drink and travelling to places that involve any of the previous three