Stuart is a Principal and has managed enforcement programmes in over 70 countries for many of the world's leading brands.
Stuart is a Principal based in London.
Stuart manages multinational enforcement campaigns throughout Europe for clients in the consumer sector (principally automotive and footwear) working with a large network of tried and trusted associates.
Stuart joined Rouse in 1992 from the Trade Marks Department of The Wellcome Foundation Limited (now GlaxoSmithKline) where he had worked for five years, latterly as the Assistant Manager.
In 1997, Stuart moved to Dubai to set up and manage Rouse's office there, servicing clients' needs in the Middle East, Africa and the Indian sub-continent. He returned to London in 2001.
He became the Deputy Chief Executive of Rouse in 1999, a position he held until becoming Russia Country Manager in 2013. During that time he also headed Rouse’s global dispute resolution team.
Since qualifying at the Bar in 1986, he has gained extensive practical experience of international IPR enforcement, having managed cases in over 70 countries for some of the world's leading consumer brands companies.
Stuart is an active member of INTA (currently Chair of INTA's Unreal Campaign European sub-committee), having previously also served on the Anti-Counterfeiting and Parallel Imports Committees) and the UK's Anti-Counterfeiting Group. He is a regular speaker at conferences and a regular contributor of articles to the professional press.
- LLB, Leicester University
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales (non-practising)
- Member of UK Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys
- Chair of INTA's Unreal Campaign European sub-committee
- Who's Who Legal: Trademarks, 2017: Ranked in England
- WTR 1000, 2018: Ranked Silver for Enforcement and Litigation
- Running, football, sad (and regularly mildly depressed) Norwich City supporter and season ticket holder
- Rouse in Profile: Stuart Adams