Rami is a Senior Legal Consultant in our Dubai office and is a Canadian licensed lawyer and registered Patent and Trade Mark Attorney.
Rami has over twelve years’ experience in intellectual property with a focus on patent drafting and prosecution as well as patent litigation. He acquired his experience working as an associate in top tier international IP law firms and as in-house legal counsel for an engineering company in the telecommunication industry.
Rami has extensive experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications in areas including Artificial Intelligence, computer hardware and software, mechanical devices, photonics, telecommunication networks, cryptography, electronics, semiconductors, optical systems, microprocessors/microcontrollers, medical devices, mining technologies, traditional and alternative energy related technologies and business methods. Rami also provides strategic counselling and opinion to clients on contentious and non-contentious trade mark related matters.
In addition, Rami regularly advises on building and managing international patent portfolios as well as IP strategies relating to acquisition, protection, exploitation and enforcement. Furthermore, Rami has successfully represented clients in patent-related administrative proceedings as well as pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical patent infringement actions.
In addition to his law degree, Rami has degrees in physics, mathematics and engineering. Before commencing his legal studies, Rami was a researcher, technology developer and inventor working in the fields of electrical and computer engineering with a focus on radar and satellite imaging technologies, antenna modelling, digital signal processing and remote sensing.
B.Sc. (First-Class Combined Honours in Mathematics and Physics), Dalhousie University
M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics & Biomedical Engineering), Dalhousie University
LL.B. (Common Law with IP concentration), University of Ottawa
Registered trade mark agent in Canada
Qualified patent agent in Canada
- Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC)
- Member of the Canadian Bar association
- Member of the Ontario Bar association
- Member of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Member of the International Trade Mark Association (INTA)
- Member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society (LES) High Technology Committee
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society – Arab Countries
- Legal Consultant Regulated by the Dubai Legal Affairs Department of the Dubai Rulers’ Court
Sports including table tennis, swimming, squash, soccer and golf; mind stimulating puzzles; and spending time with family