Rachel is a Principal, our Global Head of Trade Marks and General Manager of our Hong Kong business.
Rachel has handled a wide range of issues relating to trade marks and designs in many jurisdictions around the world, including the United Kingdom, the European Union, China and Singapore.
Her current practice focuses exclusively on brand clearance, protection and registry enforcement before the Chinese trade mark authorities and administrative courts. She provides high level strategic advice on trade mark portfolio management, including issues relating to registering non-traditional trade marks, obtaining well-known trade mark recognition, and combating bad faith trade mark applications.
Her client base spans multi-national companies in varied industries, such as pharmaceuticals, technology, consumer electronic products, machinery, food and beverage, hotel groups, agriculture, entertainment and fashion. She is also involved in lobbying efforts to promote the reform in China's trade mark laws.
Prior to joining Rouse, Rachel acted for a number of leading US multi-nationals in the technology and media sector. She assisted a well-known technology company with the European launch of its now iconic product. This project involved extensive trade mark clearances in all Member States of the European Union, developing and implementing a strategy to overcome significant conflict risks, protecting and enforcing the brand throughout the jurisdiction.
She also worked with a media company to protect and manage the trade marks relating to a hugely popular fictional character. This was essential to the success of the merchandising programme for this property.
Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales
Advocate and Solicitor, Supreme Court, Republic of Singapore
LLB (Hon), National University of Singapore
- Listed in Managing Intellectual Property's Top 250 Women in IP 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers – Who’s Who Legal 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Listed as Notable Practitioner - Chambers & Partners Asia, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Listed as Trade Mark IP Stars – Managing Intellectual Property, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Listed as Leading Global Trade Mark Practitioners – WTR 1000, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Listed as IP Leader for China Trade Marks – World IP Review (WIPR) Leaders 2016, 2017
- Women in Business Law 2015 and 2017
- Ranked Silver - WTR 1000, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Listed as Foreign Individual - WTR 1000, 2014
Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys, United Kingdom (Overseas Member)
International Trademark Association (Committee Member)