Rachel is a Principal, our Global Head of Trade Marks and General Manager of our Hong Kong business.
Rachel leads Rouse’s global trade marks team and has handled a wide range of issues relating to trade marks and designs across many jurisdictions.
She provides high level strategic advice to a wide range of global clients on trade mark portfolio management, including issues relating to registering non-traditional trade marks, obtaining well-known trade mark recognition, and combating bad faith trade mark applications.
Her current practice focuses exclusively on brand clearance, protection and registry enforcement before the Chinese trade mark authorities and administrative courts.
Rachel works closely with a range of industries including pharmaceuticals, technology, consumer products, electronics, machinery, food and beverage, hotels, agriculture, entertainment and fashion.
She has acted for a large number of leading US multi-nationals in the technology and media sector, including assisting a well-known technology company with the European launch of its now iconic product. This involved extensive trade mark clearances, portfolio risk management and a strong enforcement programme across all jurisdictions.
Rachel has also worked with one of the world’s best known media companies to lead the protection and management of trade marks relating to a hugely popular fictional character. This was essential to the success of the merchandising programme for the client.
She is very active in lobbying efforts to promote reform in China's trade mark laws.
Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales
Advocate and Solicitor, Supreme Court, Republic of Singapore
LLB (Hon), National University of Singapore
- Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers – Who’s Who Legal 2012 - 2020
- Listed in Managing Intellectual Property's Top 250 Women in IP 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Listed as Notable Practitioner - Chambers & Partners Asia, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Listed as Trade Mark IP Stars – Managing Intellectual Property, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Listed as Leading Global Trade Mark Practitioners – WTR 1000, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Listed as IP Leader for China Trade Marks – World IP Review (WIPR) Leaders 2016, 2017
- Women in Business Law 2015 and 2017
- Ranked Silver - WTR 1000, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Listed as Foreign Individual - WTR 1000, 2014
Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys, United Kingdom (Overseas Member)
International Trademark Association (Committee Member)