Piyanop is an advocate in the Dispute Resolution Team at our Thailand office, with experience handling both IP and non-IP litigation.
He is a licensed lawyer in Thailand, and has advised and represented multinational and Thai clients in IP related contentious matters including trade mark, copyright, patent, trade name and geographical indication matters.
Piyanop’s recent cases include:
- Trade mark infringement action for multinational hotel chain against Thai hotel chain,
- Defending a Thai public company charged with selling goods bearing a false trade description Patent infringement action involving compact 4-stroke engine for a Japanese industrial company, and
- Copyright infringement action for sports program right holder against illegal streaming.
He also has excellent track record in court appeals against decisions of the Department of Intellectual Property to reverse trade mark rejections and secure successful trade mark registrations for clients.
His career started as an advocate in a prominent Thai firm representing Thai and foreign clients in a wide variety of cases before different courts.
- LL.B., Chiang Mai University, Thailand
- Licensed Lawyer, Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Extraordinary Member of the Thai Bar Association
- Running and cooking