Nontaya is an Associate at Rouse Thailand in the Dispute Resolution Team.
Nontaya or ‘Ning’ joined Rouse in 2015 after earning her second LLM in Intellectual Property Law from University College London.
She has extensive experience in both contentious and non-contentious matters for a wide variety of multinational clients in diverse industries such as hotels, toys, education, automotive, high technology and food.
Her litigation experience includes:
- patent infringement and cancellation actions involving hard disc technology and 4-stroke engine technology,
- copyright infringement in relation to website streaming,
- trade mark infringement on behalf of a world-leading hotel chain, and
- review of examiners’ decisions in relation to trade marks and geographical indications.
On the enforcement front, she advises on and manages cease and desist letters programmes, online enforcement, police raid actions as well as Customs recordals and seizures. She regularly provides anti-counterfeiting presentations to enforcement authorities and embassies.
Her non-contentious practice includes advising on commercial IP related agreements, consumer protection and advertising laws.
She began her career in litigation in a German firm. In 2011, she joined the largest conglomerate in Thailand as their in-house IP manager.
Ning was a contributing author in a legal report on Global Online Piracy Study published by Institute for Information Law, Faculty of Law, University of Amsterdam.
LL.M (Merit) in Intellectual Property Law, University College London, UK
LL.M (International Programme) in Business Law, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
LL.B (2nd Class Honours), Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Barrister-at-Law, The Thai Bar Under the Royal Patronage
- Licensed Lawyer, Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Ordinary Member of the Thai Bar Association
- Travel, Food, Photography