Ling is a Principal and the Director of our Commercial Law Practice based in Shanghai.
Ling is a PRC licensed lawyer at Lusheng Law Firm, a Member of the Rouse Network. With her unique combination of 10 years of experience as a legislator at Chinese State Council, Ling has over 19 years of experience in commercial laws, regulatory advice, M&A, technology transfer, IP commercial and IP litigation, Media, Advertising and Digital law.
International companies often call upon Ling for China regulatory and market access advice, especially in the fields of education, publishing, technology and media. She is known for her well-rounded knowledge in the full scope of advisory, regulatory, transactional and litigation matters concerning Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) throughout the course of doing business in China, including general corporate and commercial matters, technology transfers, R&D cooperation agreements, IP management strategies, due diligence and audits, and high profile litigation cases defending brand owners’ IPR encompassing copyright, patent and trade mark. Drawing on her extensive commercial and IP experience, Ling spearheaded our firm’s marketing, advertising and digital commerce practice where she regularly assists international companies in drafting and reviewing marketing, distribution and service agreements, manages compliance and IP risks for clients in areas including advertisement proposal, branding, promotion, packaging and labelling, and internet marketing.
Ling served in the Legislative Affairs Office of the State Council before, where she participated many high-profile projects including the Sino-US IP negotiations, and was closely involved in legislation related to education, IP, media, culture and pharmaceuticals.
BA, Xian Jiaotong University, China
LLM, Xian Jiaotong University, China
LLM, University of Melbourne, Australia
- PRC licensed lawyer at Lusheng Law Firm
- IAM Patent 1000, 2019: Leading Patent & Technology Transaction Individual China
- IAM Patent 1000, 2014 - 2018: Recommended Patent Transaction Individual China
- IAM Strategy 300, 2016: Listed as a ‘Leading individual’
- IAM Strategy 300, 2014: Listed as a ‘The World's Leading IP Strategists’
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2014: Listed as a 'Notable practitioner'
- Chambers Global, 2011- 2014: Listed as a 'Leader in their field'
- IAM Patent 1000, 2013: Leading Patent & Technology licensing Lawyer China
- Asialaw, 2011 - 2013: Leading Lawyer for IP in China
- IAM Strategy 300, 2012: Listed as a ‘Leading individual’
- IAM Licensing 250, 2010 - 2011: Leading Patent & Technology Licensing Lawyer
Licensing Executives Society (China)
Swimming, yoga, photography, travelling and psychology