Edmund is a Partner of Baranda & Associates, a member of the Rouse Network, and a Principal and Country Manager of our Philippines business.
Edmund is an IP lawyer in the Philippines with more than 10 years' experience. He is also a qualified Patent Agent.
Edmund has extensive experience in drafting patent specifications, advising on freedom-to-operate searches and prosecuting local and international patent applications. He is also involved in patent litigation, particularly patent cancellation and patent infringement actions in the pharmaceutical field. Edmund also has expertise in trade mark and copyright litigation.
BSc in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of the Philippines
LLB, University of the Philippines
LLM, University of Michigan Law School, United States
Passed examination in drafting patent specifications administered by the Federation Internationale Des Conseils en Propriete Industrielle (FICPI)
Philippine Patent Agent (Chemical Field), administered by the Philippine Intellectual Property Office with the assistance of the European Patent Office
- IAM Patent 1000, 2020: “Global Leader”
- Who's Who Legal Trademarks, 2020: Recommended/Leading Practitioner
- WTR 1000, 2020: Tier 3 for Enforcement and Litigation
- IAM Patent, 2019: “Recommended Individual”
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2018: “Notable Practitioner”
- The Philippines Top 100 Lawyers 2018, Asia Business Law Journal
- IAM Patent, 2016: Recommended Individual
- Managing Intellectual Property 2016: Listed as an IP star for trade marks
- WTR 1000, 2016: Ranked Bronze
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2016: Listed as a 'Notable practitioner'
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific Rankings 2015: Listed as a 'Recommended Individual'
- WTR 1000, 2015: Ranked Bronze
- Chambers Global, 2015: Listed as 'Notable practitioner'
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2015: Listed as 'IP' star
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2014: Listed as a 'Notable practitioner'
- Managing Intellectual Property 2014: Named as an 'IP' star
Integrated Bar of the Philippines
New York Bar, USA