Christine is a registered South African Attorney and Trade Mark Practitioner with a commercial focus on copyright, trademark and internet matters.
Christine is a Copyright and Trade Mark Attorney. Her background in law, online media, social entrepreneurship and commerce directs her focus areas.
Christine’s field of expertise includes complex trade mark searches, the prosecution and enforcement of local and foreign trade marks and copyright matters.
In addition, Christine consults on contractual and IP related commercial issues including licensing, franchising and end-user agreements, advertising complaints, unfair competition, consumer protection and domain name disputes.
Christine increasingly advises clients in the social media, mobile and online financial services sectors.
Having completed a dual degree in accounting and law, she also holds a Master's in Intellectual Property Law and focused her studies on electronic IP and the valuation of new media ventures.
- BAcc, LLB (2007), Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- LLM (2010-2012), University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Attorney of the High Court, South Africa
- Trade Mark Practitioner, South Africa
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2015: Named as an ‘IP Star’
- Legal 500, 2015: Recognised as an individual
- World Trademark Review 1000, 2015: Recognised as an individual
- South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)