Chris is a Principal and the Deputy General Manager of our China business.
Chris has managed IPR strategy, management and enforcement programmes in China for several multinational corporations.
Although most of Chris’s seventeen-year career was spent managing IP enforcement programmes for Rouse's leading clients in China, he has also worked in our Thailand office and handled matters in a number of South East Asian countries.
Chris has in-depth knowledge and experience of investigations management, Customs and administrative cases, criminal prosecution and civil litigation in China, and is one of the founders of the CIELA IP litigation database. Chris also advises clients on their IP strategy, use of internal and external resources, benchmarking and budgeting, and aspects of commercial strategy that impact on IP management. He has more recently assisted technology clients with IP commercialization and transactions in China.
BA (Hons), (Chinese), Oxford University, United Kingdom
MBA, Kellogg-HKUST programme, Hong Kong
- LLM in Intellectual Property Law, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- IAM Strategy 300, 2016: Listed as a ‘Leading individual’
- IAM Strategy 300, 2014: Listed as a ‘The World's Leading IP Strategists’
- Chambers Asia – China, 2013: Listed as a ‘Leaders in the field of IP’
- IAM Strategy 300, 2012: Listed as a ‘Leading individual'
Running around after three kids, SE Asian food and travel; reading modern history and current affairs