The ASEAN Patent Academy is designed for patent professionals wishing to gain hands on training on patent and design prosecution techniques and litigation strategies in South-East Asia. The goal is to help participants to up their game and optimize their efficiency in handling cases before the Patent Offices and courts in the ASEAN.
The agenda includes:
- Keynote speakers from the Central Intellectual Property and International Trade Court of Bangkok, the Department of Intellectual Property of Thailand and Siam Cement Group (SCG);
- 4 days of training sessions focusing on prosecution techniques and litigation strategies in ASEAN;
- 1 day multi-track training per country and subject matter selected in advance by the participants;
- 8 trainers and qualified patent attorneys from the ASEAN;
- Capture the Flag (CTF) competition with prizes;
- 2 days to enjoy the cultural landscape of Bangkok;
- Networking opportunities throughout the Patent Village.
The training will be packed with real-life case studies that our trainers encounter in South-East Asia and workshops to maximize the benefits of this learning experience. One day multi-track training will allow participants to choose between trainings focusing on specific countries in the region or subject matter (e.g. patenting Artificial Intelligence, claims amendments, employee invention benefits etc). Throughout the week training, our Patent Village, will allow participants to enjoy networking activities and to present their activities including latest patent updates during break sessions.
Alongside the training, there will be CTF. It’s a special kind of patent competition designed to challenge its participants to attack and defend patents in South-East Asia. Teams receive points for staving off attacks from opposing teams and successfully invalidating other teams’ patents. The team with the most points will win a prize!
Our trainers are ASEAN based, qualified patent attorneys with significant experience in training international audiences in English language. Pre-Requisite: preferably, participants should already have a good knowledge of the basic aspects of patent law.
March 22-29, 2020, Bangkok
Early bird: USD 1,599 (ends October 19, 2019)*
Normal: USD 1,899 (ends December 15, 2019)*
*(Costs do not include travel, accommodation and lunch/dinner.)
The call for participants is now open and the first names will be announced on January 6, 2020. As the capacity is limited to 22 persons only, we recommend you to apply as soon as possible.
To express your interest, please click the button below.