Sara, based in Dubai, is Managing Partner of our operations in the MEA Region.
After qualifying and working as a lawyer in New Zealand, Sara gained extensive experience of intellectual property (IP) in China and Indonesia, and spent several years managing Rouse's practice in Jakarta.
During her time in Indonesia, from 1998 to 2000, and again from 2002 to 2007, Sara handled a wide range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property (IP) matters, including portfolio management, oppositions, cancellation actions, IPR acquisitions and enforcement.
In August 2000, she moved to Rouse's Shanghai office, where she handled mainly commercial IP matters, returning to Jakarta in May 2002. In July 2007, she moved to Rouse's office in Dubai.
LLB, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
BSc, (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), University of Canterbury, New Zealand
Certificate of Professional Legal Studies (NZ Institute)
Enrolled as a Barrister & Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Licensed as a Legal Consultant by the Rulers Court of Dubai
- Managing Intellectual Property 2016: Listed as an IP star for trade marks
Chambers Global 2016: Listed as Band 1
The Legal 500 EMEA 2016: Listed as a Recommended Lawyer
- WTR 1000, 2016: Ranked Silver
Who's Who Legal: Trademarks 2015: Listed as Most Highly Regarded Individual for Middle-East and Africa
- Managing Intellecutal Property, 2015: Listed as 'IP' star
- Chambers Global, 2015: Band 1
Legal 500 EMEA, 2015: Listed as a Recommended Lawyer
- WTR 1000, 2015: Ranked Silver
WTR 1000, 2014: Listed as a 'Leading individual'
Managing Intellectual Property 2014: Named as an 'IP' star
- Who's Who Legal, 2014: "made a real name for herself” in this field of law due to her “fabulous technical skills, creativity and efficiency”
Chambers Global 2013: Listed as a 'Leader in their field'
Sailing, diving and travelling