Sandra is an experienced Patent Attorney in a very broad range of Intellectual Property matters, with a focus on biotech and chemical matters.
Sandra is a Patent Attorney with over 15 years of experience in the patent field, specialising in biotech, life science and pharmaceutical inventions. Sandra’s experience in biotech matters sees her working with many of our University clients in this area.
She holds a Science Degree in Chemistry and Biochemistry and an Honours Degree in Biochemistry. Sandra has extensive experience in the biotech, life sciences and pharmaceutical fields.
- BSc in Chemistry and Biochemistry (1991), University of KwaZulu-Natal
- BSc (Honours) in Biochemistry (1992), University of KwaZulu-Natal
- LLB (1996), University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Attorney of the High Court, South Africa
- Patent Attorney, South Africa
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2015: Named as an ‘IP Star’
- IAM Patent 1000, 2015: Listed as ‘Recommended’
- Legal 500 Report, 2010: Singled out as a leading individual in biotechnology and genetics
- South African Research and Innovation Management (SARIMA)
- South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Patent Examinations Board