Linda manages our operations in China. She was one of the first trade mark agents to become qualified under China's IP regulatory system.
Linda is based in Shanghai and manages our operations in China. As an English language and law graduate, Linda began her professional career as a trade mark agent in 1994. In 1995, she was one of the first trade mark agents to qualify under China's emerging IP regulatory system. She joined Rouse in 1999 to establish one of the first licensed privately-owned trade mark agencies in China. She has been a partner of Rouse since 2004.
Linda has handled trade mark cases of all types, and has a reputation for the aggressive interpretation of both regulation and practice. Among her wins, she counts registering the 'Burberry check'; GlaxoSmithKline's well-known 'S-bend' toothbrush shape (one of China's first three-dimensional trade marks); and Johnnie Walker's 3D bottle shape; and securing 'well-known' trade mark status for JAGUAR (cars), DOVE (chocolate), Zwilling (cutlery), Castrol (lubricant) and Mr. Muscle (a household cleaning product).
Another milestone case was the 'Thermo & logo' case, in which the Trade Mark Review & Adjudication Board's expedited procedure was used to cancel a wrongful registration within four months (the usual time being three to four years), enabling the client to win a civil action against the registrant.
Linda is also experienced in the resolution of domain name disputes and has acted as a UDRP panellist since 2006. She is an active member of the International Trademark Association (INTA) and publishes widely on trade mark and related issues.
BA (English Language and Literature), Henan University, China
Trade Mark Attorney, China, qualified since 1995
- Listed in Managing Intellectual Property's Top 250 Women in IP 2017
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2016: Named as an IP star for trade marks
Listed in Managing Intellectual Property's Top 250 Women in IP 2016
- WTR 1000, 2016: Ranked Gold
- WIPR Leader 2016 for trade marks in China
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2016: Listed as a 'Notable practitioner'
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2015: Named as 'IP star'
- Chambers Global, 2015: Listed as 'Notable practitioner'
Who's Who Legal Trademarks 2015: Ranked in China
Legal 500 Asia Pacific Rankings 2015: Listed as a 'Leading individual'
- WTR 1000, 2015: Ranked Gold
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 2014: Listed as a 'Notable practitioner'
- Managing Intellectual Property 2014: Named as an 'IP' star
WTR 1000, 2014: Listed as a 'Foreign individual'
- Who's Who Legal, 2014: “stellar reputation” due to her “distinguished” work
China Trademark Association (CTA)
International Trademark Association (INTA)
Sports, spending time with friends