Chad is an Executive in our Dubai office and has experience in a wide range of IP work.
Chad joined our Dubai office as a Senior Associate in 2008 from London, where he was a member of the IP department of one of the world’s largest premium drinks manufacturers. Prior to that, he was a solicitor in the IP and IT group of a law firm in Sydney, Australia, having been admitted to practice in 2000.
In 2013 Chad was made an Executive of Rouse. He has experience in a wide range of intellectual property related work, including portfolio management, acquisitions, IP strategy, dispute resolution and enforcement. He manages the portfolios and brand protection programmes for a number of multi-nationals in the Middle East and North Africa. Chad also advises clients on regional advertising and promotional campaigns, and has written and spoken on marketing issues in the region on many occasions.
BA (Ancient History), Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
LLB, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, Sydney, Australia
Enrolled as a Solicitor by the Law Society in New South Wales, Australia
Licensed as a Legal Consultant by the Rulers Court of Dubai
- Legal 500 EMEA, 2017: Listed as Recommended Lawyer
- Managing Intellectual Property 2016: Listed as an IP star for trade marks
- WTR 1000, 2016: Ranked Silver
- Client Choice Award 2016: Exclusive winner of Intellectual Property-Trademarks category for UAE
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2016: Listed as a Recommended Lawyer
- Chambers Global 2016: Listed as Band 3
- Who's Who Legal Trademarks 2015: Ranked in the UAE - maintains a "stellar reputation" for his work on brand protection programmes for multinational clients in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Legal 500 EMEA, 2015: Listed as a Recommended Lawyer
WTR 1000, 2015: Ranked Silver
- Who's Who Legal, 2014: “tremendous understanding” of the Middle East and North Africa region and clients value his “business nous and sound legal knowledge”.
Chambers Global, 2013: Listed as a 'Leader in their field'
Australian Business Council Dubai
International Trade Mark Assocation
Cars, food and drink and travelling to places that involve any of the previous three
- Rouse in Profile: Chad Dowle